|U.S. Air Date||September 9, 2000|
|Directed by||Timothy Björklund|
|Written by||Bill & Cheri Steinkellner|
Spot Helperman is tired of staying at home and waiting for the masters to return from his owner's daily journey to school, so he disguises himself a boy named, "Scott Leadready II" and sneaks into Leonard's classroom. When Leonard finds out who Scott truly is, their rivalry begins, with Spot, Leonard, and Ian running for class president.
|Nathan Lane||Spot Helperman/Scott Leadready II|
|Shaun Fleming||Leonard Helperman|
|Debra Jo Rupp||Mary Lou Helperman|
|Jerry Stiller||Pretty Boy|
|David Ogden Stiers||Mr. Jolly|
|Wallace Shawn||Principal Strickler|
|Tara Charendoff||Unknown role (see Notes section)|
|Rob Paulsen||Ian Wazselewski|
|Pam Segall||Tyler, Taylor and Trevor|
|Cree Summer||Chelsey and Kelsey|
|Lauren Tom||Younghee Mandel-Baum|
|Mae Whitman||Leslie Dunkling|
The credits for this episode can be found here.
- In the original airing, Pretty Boy says "Your disguise looks like something some guy created off a comic book." This is referring to the Superman franchise which was an inspiration for Spot's "Scott" costume. Gary Baseman knew how absurd it was that everyone was too ignorant to tell Clark Kent is Superman because he wears glasses, and so that was incorporated in Scott's attire. Pretty Boy's line was cut in later airings, possibly for time.
- Interestingly, Wallace Shawn was given star billing in the credits of this episode, though every episode after this one puts him in the additional voice talents section. This implies that Principal Strickler was originally intended to have a larger role in the show.
- Tara Strong (who at this point was known by her maiden name "Charendoff") appears in this episode, though it is unclear who she plays exactly. She may have been an additional voice in the classroom, or her character may have been cut from the final episode.
- Moral: Always be a good friend and support them.
- When Mrs. Helperman is about to announce the winner, Scott is standing in front of the class next to Ian and Leonard. When she finally announces the winner and the entire class cheers, Scott can be seen sitting at his desk cheering along with the rest of the class. Afterwards he's back at the front of the class standing next to Leonard.
- In the scene where Spot was picking Leonard's clothes to wear for school, the red shorts were mistakenly colored green in one frame.
- Leonard's hair changes back and forth between orange and blue in one scene.