Ian Wazselewski is the "class weirdo" who likes to do seemingly strange and disgusting things with his imaginary friend, Moltar. Ian owns various creepy and off-putting animals mainly consisting of snakes, rats, insects, and other vermin. He is seen in the first episode of the TV series running for class president against Leonard and Scott, he won by one vote.
Episodes that focus on Ian or have him play an important role include: "Let Sleeping-Over Dogs Lie" (when he celebrates his birthday), "One Dog's Junk" (when he buys Spot's Squeaky Burger toy) and "Don't Bite the Hound That Feeds You" (when he allows Spot's fleas to live on him instead).
Ian is grounded for a week for hacking into Buckingham Palace, but then gets to visit his uncle, Dr. Ivan Krank in Florida.
After a week of being grounded, Ian arrives in Florida where he sees Leonard and Spot (who is now a human) trapped in a steel cage. He let them free with his computer hacking skills in exchange for a slimy old chew toy. When Krank arrives, he grounds Ian for the rest of the summer for helping Scott and Leonard escape.
While Scott and Leonard go out and buy stuff, Ian calls his parents and tells them how frightened he is about staying with his uncle, but likes it anyway. Ian is not seen again until near the end when Krank is turned into a mouse.
Ian is seen by many to be a disgusting freak and acts as the school know-it-all, at least he used to be until Scott Leadready arrived. One of the many gross habits Ian possesses is that he likes to keep change (mainly quarters) in his ears, making them dirty and covered in ear wax when seen by others. This also makes it hard for Ian to hear what his friends say.
Ian has an unrequited obsession with one of the girls in the class, Ruth, and even goes as far as giving her assorted chocolates with his pet worms in them on Valentine's Day; as she runs away screaming, Ian tries to redeem himself by trying to give her his back-up gift (a real heart placed in jar that he bought from the butcher's).
His mother is the school nurse at Fala D. Roosevelt Elementary School, although she is never shown at her job and makes her sole appearance in the episode "Let Sleeping-Over Dogs Lie". His father is a little league baseball coach, as shown in "Take Me Out of the Ball Game". He also appears in "Let Sleeping-Over Dogs Lie" and "A Dog for All Seasons". In their debut appearance, Ian's parents are shown to be just as eccentric and fun-loving as their son. The film reveals he has an uncle, Dr. Ivan Krank. As Krank does not share Ian's last name, he is most likely his mother's brother. Additionally, the episode "Bad Fur Day" reveals that Ian has an unnamed sister and an aunt, who owns a poodle named Monique.
- He was based on a young boy that Bill and Cheri Steinkellner's daughter went to school with when she was in the fourth grade who used to eat school supplies.
- He is voiced by Rob Paulsen
- He likes his Mr. Goiter (what he calls his throat bump).
- Ian and his family are Buddhists, as revealed in "A Dog for all Seasons".
- In the movie, it is revealed that he has computer hacking skills, which he uses to help Spot and Leonard escape from his uncle’s lab.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0049500/
- ↑ "Muttamorphosis"
- ↑ "Taint Valentine's Day"
- ↑ http://disney.go.com/disneytelevision/disney1/index2.html?characters/teacherspet/teacherspet,back=ma
- ↑ http://www.dvdtalk.com/interviews/cheri_steinkell.html
- ↑ http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Teachers-Pet/Ian-Wazselwski/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0667326/